A recent poll showed about two-thirds of the people is not possible to estimate exactly how many calories they need. It 'important to have an idea of how much you should eat if you want to lose weight or maintain a constant weight is healthy. There are about 3,500 calories stored as fat pounds. So, if you create a calorie deficit of 3500 by combining diet and exercise, you lose a pound of weight. To lose a pound a week, you need a deficit of 500 calories per day, which can be achieved by eating less or spend more. To lose 2 pounds a week, you need a deficit of 1,000 calories per day.
So the first thing to do - is to determine how many calories you need every day, whether your goal is to lose or maintain. Your specific caloric needs are determined by several factors, including your current weight, height, age and activity level. If you are a member of the Beach Body club, you have access to Meal Planner to determine your personal calorie targets and presenting a weekly menu. But there are other free calorie calculators out there by doing a search for calculators calories.
Ok, so you understand how many calories you need for your target - now what?
* Eat every 3 hours to keep the fire of fuel in your metabolism.
* Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time by dividing the calories during the day, so it is never caught without something healthy to eat.
* Become a label reader. As soon as you know the calorie content of a lot of heart.
* Recast your favorite recipes with ingredients that are lighter little impact on the taste, but a big impact on calories, fat and grams of sugar.
* Eating fruits and vegetables, which are easy to grab and go.
* Watch your portion size, portion snacks and even meals in advance if you know exactly how many calories you eat in this part.
* Keep water with you at all times, take half your weight in ounces of water every day.
* Do not skip meals, it is a sure way to let the fire go out of the metabolism, you must keep fueled and fed throughout the day.
And many people have asked, so I'll share a sample of one of my daily menus. This works for me based on my calorie needs.
Wake Up On The Green
8:00 a dose of oats in steel and 3 egg whites
1:00 p.m. with whole grain pita PB
15:30 Shakeology and Luna Bar
7:00 4 oz chicken breast and broccoli
22:00 Green tea or coffee
Total calories = 1400 - 1500